A British company has developed a device capable of stopping cars and other vehicles using a blast of electromagnetic waves. The RF Safe-Stop uses radio frequency pulses to "confuse" a vehicle's electronic systems, cutting its engine. E2V is one of several companies trying to bring such a product to market. It said it believed the primary use would be as a non-lethal weapon for the military ...
BEIJING (AP) -- China has given Renault and a local partner approval to launch a $1.3 billion auto manufacturing joint venture in the world's biggest vehicle market. Dongfeng Motor Group Ltd. said Thursday that the Cabinet's planning agency approved the venture. It said it is intended to produce 150,000 multipurpose vehicles and engines per year. Renault, maker of the Clio and Megane ...
to this country, which are aimed to bring the brand closer to a younger Australian audience. The event, to be held over three days at the Sydney Motorsport Park on 11-13 April next year, will be one of the biggest owner-based events ever organised by Ferrari in Australia Ferrari Racing Days are know internationally as a three-day festival showcasing all things Ferrari, from merchandise to ...
Ford Australia has confirmed the variants for what will become its new hero car to coincide with the official reveal of the new 'Pony car'. It will ignore the mid-level V6 petrol. The sixth-generation Ford Mustang becomes a global car for the first time in its half-century history and, after local production of the Falcon stops in October 2016, it will offer Australian driving ...
, has been brought up to speed for 2014 in terms of technology, engineering and app-style connectivity. Ford has unveiled the first official pictures and details of its sixth-generation muscle car that will become a global car and built in right-hand drive officially for the first time in its near-50-year history. It goes on sale in the US in late 2014 before reaching Australia in late 2015, ...
Friday the 13th Part 2 [DVD]
When Sean S. Cunninghams low-budget independent shocker Friday the 13th was picked up by Paramount Pictures and successfully marketed into a massively profitable hit in the spring of 1980, it was a no-brainer that a sequel would follow. Never mind, of course, th ... ...
Professional AutosProfessional Autos | News for the Auto industry
Breaking news from the automotive industry. This online newspaper has an extended scope, exploring all the latest developments in the auto industry around the world. Covers automakers, news on latest models, automotive trends, car reviews, car buyers interests, distribution, government legislation, and openings and closings of automotive manufacturing plans. International news stories and business updates are also featured.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
If you require Professional Autos news headlines on your website, we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Professional Autos news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Professional Autos website please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
Beijing has approved a long-awaited $US1.3 billion ($A1.44 billion) joint venture between French carmaker Renault and Chinese giant Dongfeng.Each partner will have a 50 per cent share in the new company, the Chinese firm said in a statement Thursday, adding the government had approved the deal and 'the production of 150,000 multiple purpose vehicles and engines per year'.The two will ...
This isn't a refresh. This is the first all-new Ford Mustang since the company reinvented it -- retro style -- in 2005. The 2015 is lighter, wider and features an independent rear suspension, a first for the Mustang. But it is the new styling that will have everyone ...
Ford Motor Co. shows its sixth-generation Mustang pony car to the world today, with a back-to-the-future fastback roofline, an all-new independent rear ...
Beijing (AFP) - Beijing has approved a long-awaited $1.3 billion joint venture between French carmaker Renault and Chinese giant Dongfeng, the Chinese firm said in a statement Thursday.Each partner will have a 50 percent share in the new company, it said, adding the government had approved the deal and "the production of 150,000 multiple purpose vehicles and engines per year".The two ...
By M. Alex Johnson, Staff Writer, NBC News A Washington State woman who monitors police scanners live-tweeted a fatal car wreck Wednesday, growing increasingly frantic as she began to suspect that the victim was her own husband.Caran Johnson, who live-tweets police activity in Vancouver, Wash., under the Twitter handle @ScanCouver, began following the accident on Interstate 205 near the Oregon ...
Mercedes-Benz Australia delivered 519 third-generation C-Class sedans and wagons last month, helping it exceed the milestone figure in its seventh year on the market, having launched in July 2007. C-Class Coupe sales take the total number beyond 45,000 units. The Mercedes-Benz C-Class has dominated sales in Australia's premium medium segment since its introduction, claiming the crown over ...
(52 mins ago) Beijing has approved a long-awaited US$1.3 billion joint venture between French carmaker Renault and Chinese giant Dongfeng, the Chinese company said in a statement. Each partner will have a 50 percent share in the new company, it said, adding the government had approved the deal and ';the production of 150,000 multiple purpose vehicles and engines per ...
Renault enjoyed its biggest single month of deliveries ever with 875 vehicles sold, taking the French manufacturer's year to-date total to 6247, representing an increase of 40 per cent over 2012. ...
has been spied, giving us our first look at the German manufacturer’s forthcoming medium car. Captured by CarAdvice’s spy photographers in Spain, ...
AAP reports that the call was part of the government's submission to the Productivity Commission's public hearings into the sector, which are currently taking place in Adelaide. Victorian Premier Denis Napthine told an Australian Industry Group lunch in Melbourne, "We have argued, and we think we have argued extremely cogently and well, that there does need to be ongoing ...
They Said It
When it comes to Iran's nuclear weapons program, the only difference between them is this: Ahmadinejad was a wolf in wolf's clothing, Rouhani is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a wolf who thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of the international community.
The chief lobbyist for the National Retail Federation was speaking about talks to end the U.S. government shutdown.
How well is the U.S. Congress performing in its efforts to re-open the U.S. government?
News ReleasesThe Professional Autos.com News Release Publishing Service provides a medium for circulating your organization's news.
Stamford Sydney Airport, Australia
The Stamford is the most imposing, and the highest rating of the Sydney Airport hotels. Neighbouring the domestic terminals are ...Keep reading
A British company has developed a device capable of stopping cars and other vehicles using a blast of electromagnetic waves.
The RF Safe-Stop uses radio frequency pulses to "confuse" a vehicle's electronic systems, cutting its engine.
E2V is one of several companies trying to bring such a product to market.
It said it believed the primary use would be as a non-lethal weapon for the military to defend sensitive locations from vehicles refusing to stop.
The BBC was given a demonstration of the device at Throckmorton Airfield, in Worcestershire.
Deputy Chief Constable Andy Holt, of the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo), who has evaluated the tech, said the machine had "potential, but it's very early days yet". (ANI)
- Google-backed genetic testing firm stops manufacturing at-home DNA test kit
- FTC asks whether rules needed for some Internet advertising
- World Bank asked to map out Thai SME promotions
- No link between contact sports and brain disease Study
- Arrow react The Scientist
- Jada Pinkett Smith Sports A Thong
- Lifestyle briefs -- Published Dec. 4 2013
- Six things to know about Harper’s rock’nroll lifestyle and his Ottawa band Herringbone
- FTC asks whether rules needed for some Internet advertising
- Meet Brazuca Adidas Official Match Ball of the 2014 World Cup
- The Plan Behind Newsweeks Return to Print Charge Readers More Than Before
- Fox Sells Out of Super Bowl Ad Time
- Tiffany Co Dispenses Gift Ideas in A Very Merry Countdown
- Qantas CEO calls for level playing field with Virgin as axe falls on 1000 jobs
- Airline Qantas to slash 1000 jobs
- Don’t minimize these jobs
- Roundup ADP says 215000 jobs added Thermo Fisher selling debt to fund deal more
- Qantas to cut 1000 jobs says challenges immense
- Tom Daley says it shouldnt matter if hes dating older Dustin Lance Black
- New electronic diaper could help aged people with incontinence
- County worker steals ink loses pension
- Warning up on fake pension checks
- EU workers to enjoy full pension rights
- Aust bonds weaker on Fed taper hopes
- JGBs soften on weak global bonds ahead of 10-year debt sale
- Objectors in Detroit bankruptcy ask to appeal directly to circuit court
- BRIEF-China Merchants Land launches $500 mln 5-yr credit enhancement bonds
- Chinas ICBC to issue yuan bonds in Taiwan - sources
- Wal-Mart greets first customers in D.C.
- District attorneys enter $1.8 million consumer protection settlement
- Consumer Council in plea to public ... save our services
- Apple inks China Mobile deal gets over 700 million new potential iPhone customers Report
- SolarCity to offer Tesla-made batteries to business customers
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Professional Autos headlines delivered to your inbox.
- New car stopping device shuts down engines through radio pulse
- Renault Chinese partner receive government OK for $1.3 billion auto joint venture
- First run of Ferrari Racing Days planned for Sydney
- Ford Mustang modern turbo and classic V8 for Australia
- 2014 Ford Mustang revealed Pony car muscles up on tech and dynamics